How Amazon A+ Content Can Supercharge Your Product Detail Pages
It is no secret that Amazon is the most powerful ecommerce marketplace in the U.S. With more than six million sellers, it is also the most competitive. One of the core essentials to succeeding on Amazon is making sure your product detail pages are fully optimized. This includes search-friendly titles, compelling descriptions, and striking images. To elevate your listings even further, Amazon provides brand owners with the option to create A+ Content. This article explains exactly what A+ Content is, how it works, and how you can use it to drive more traffic and higher conversions.
What is Amazon A+ Content?
A+ Content allows sellers to describe their product features in a different way by including a unique brand story, enhanced images, and text placements. This feature utilizes pre-formatted text and image-based modules that you can customize. Available to brand owners at no cost, A+ Content can include the following content types:
- Enhanced Product Descriptions offer more details about your product features to augment the bullet points and images in the main product detail page. These help customers make purchase decisions by proactively answering their questions.
- Custom paragraph headers and images
- Unique image and text layouts
- Product comparison charts
- Bulleted feature lists
- Appears in the Product Description section of the Amazon detail page
- Brand Content helps educate customers about the history of your brand, including its values and product lines.
- Carousel display with full screen background on desktop and mobile devices
- Image and text cards
- Links to other products and the brand store
- Appears in the From the Brand section of the Amazon detail page
You can publish content to all ASINs that you own as a registered brand owner in Amazon Brand Registry, and have up to 20 pending submissions in review at one time (more on this later). Below is an example of Enhanced Brand Content for a Channel Key client in the Home and Kitchen category:
A+ Content Modules
Amazon provides a selection of pre-formatted modules that you can use to build your A+ Content. Each module comes with specifications, such as image dimensions and/or a word count for text. Your A+ Content will automatically display properly on mobile devices (shoppers must manually expand the content on mobile to view it). Below are several A+ Content modules available to enhance your product details pages and tell your brand story:
EBC Module: Standard Company Logo
EBC Module: Standard Four Image and Text
EBC Module: Standard Image and Dark Text Overlay
EBC Module: Standard Image Header with Text
EBC Module: Standard Three Images and Text
How to Upload A+ Content?
Adding A+ Content to your product detail pages is simple and straightforward. Amazon provides a user-friendly interface within your Seller Central Dashboard. To upload your A+ Content, follow these simple steps:
- Select A+ Content Manager from the Advertising menu on the Seller Central homepage.
- To add content, click Start creating A+ Content and choose the content type you want to create: Enhanced Brand Content or Brand Story.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to name your content and then select modules to create the style you desire.
- Populate the text and image slots. When adding an image to your content, you can either upload a new image by dragging and dropping into the Add Image uploader or choose an image in your Creative Assets library. The Creative Assets library includes images you previously uploaded in A+ Content or other programs, such as Sponsored Brands, and allows you to categorize your images with tags and search, sort, and filter the images based on size, last modified date, and other criteria. While you are adding content, you can click Preview at any time to see what your content will look like in both desktop and mobile versions.
- You can apply ASINs to the content in the ASINs tab on the Content details page. You can add any ASIN from an ASIN family to the search box to find all the ASINs in the family. The use of blurry or low-quality images, and images with watermarks or small text that is unreadable when shown on mobile devices, is not allowed. ASINs that you want to apply to the content and click Apply. You can also use our bulk upload feature to upload a spreadsheet with the ASINs that you want to apply. You will be required to use bulk upload if you want to add more than 1,000 ASINs to the content.
- Create language variation drafts for other languages that customers use in the country. For instance, since many customers in the U.S. choose to shop in Spanish rather than English, create a language variation for Spanish in US. This step copies your content and applied ASINs as drafts that you can use to add translated content. You will be able to review and submit these drafts individually later. To help customers who shop in different languages, Amazon may also create language variations automatically. The automatic content translations are only created for languages where you have not previously published the content. You can edit or delete them using the A+ Content Manager.
- Click Review & Submit to review the final draft of your content, including the applied ASINs, and click Submit for approval to send the content for validation and approval.
Eligibility Requirements for A+ Content
A+ Content is currently available only to professional sellers who are enrolled in Amazon Band Registry. Once you are approved as a brand owner, you will be able to add A+ Content to products that are part of your approved brand catalog.
As a reminder, Amazon Brand Registry is a global service with tools to help you protect your Brand’s intellectual property, find and report violations, and share information that can help Amazon proactively prevent violations. Enrolling in Amazon Brand Registry unlocks a suite of tools designed to help you build and protect your brand, including A+ Content, Sponsored Brands, Amazon Stores, and Amazon Brand Analytics.
To be eligible for Amazon Brand Registry, your brand must either have an active, registered, or pending trademark in each country where you wish to enroll.
Channel Key Takeaway
The way you present your products on Amazon impacts sales. Customers cannot inspect items on Amazon the way they can in brick-and-mortar stores. Instead, they have only the information you provide them. The quality of this information can make or break a sale. Adding A+ Content to your product detail pages gives shoppers more details about not only your product, but also your brand. This is important because loyal customers buy more products from their favorite brands and are more likely to recommend them to their family and friends. For this reason, promoting your brand (and not just your products) with features like A+ Content is one of the most powerful ways to drive traffic, improve conversion rates, and increase sales.